A healthy mind is vital to doing your best work. One Madison places you in the center of a vibrant neighborhood. But beyond that, our facilities, programs, and amenities all work to help you get centered. Wellness isn’t just about more productive employees, it’s about protecting the quality of life of everyone we work with.
01 — WELL Building Certification
The WELL Building Standard is the premier standard for buildings, interior spaces and communities seeking to implement, validate and measure features that support and advance human health and wellness.
- One Madison is working to be WELL certified upon opening.
- The WELL Building Standard™ is the leading global rating system for workplace health and wellness.
- The WELL Building Standard includes considerations regarding air, water, light, nourishment, movement, thermal comfort, sound, materials, mind, community and innovation.
01 — Natural Light
Let the sun shine in.
The benefits of natural light to the well-being of building occupants has been well documented. One Madison incorporates natural sunlight as one of the central features of the building design.
- The glass façade of the Tower floors maximizes natural light within the upper floors of the building.
- Garden floors and other areas make use of outdoor space in addition to the floor-to-ceiling glass exterior.
- Podium floors include oversized windows and a new glazed infill curtain wall above the Madison Avenue entrance.
03 — Outdoor Space
Outdoor spaces in the building design.
The design of One Madison includes 1.25 acres of extraordinary outdoor spaces within the building plan, spaces that will transform life for the tenants. Light and air are central features of the building design.
- Terrace spaces are available to the tenants of several different floors, including floors 3, 9, 10, 11, 24, 25, and 27.
- Garden floors (10 – 11) include private park-in-the-sky town hall style outdoor space reserved exclusively for the tenants of those floors.
- The building stands adjacent to the 6.5 acres of Madison Square Park, easily accessible by all building tenants.
04 — Air Filtration System
Unsurpassed air quality.
One Madison includes a new Direct Outside Air System (DOAS), one of the first in New York City, that will provide 100% outside air to tenants of the building to ensure superior air quality and workplace health.
- Provides cooling and ventilation at the point of use, reducing the size of ductwork.
- 100% outside air delivered for direct distribution for tenant ventilation.
- Increased outdoor air lowers exposure to CO2, VOC’s and other contaminants.
- Each DOAS box serves several offices rather than full floor circulation of traditional air handlers.